Oh you guys. You don’t even know the fun times we have coming up for you here at Welcome to Heardmont.
Remember last week when I shared a few of my favorite images from the July issue of Better Homes & Gardens – including one of a DIY Moroccan pouf? Well, my pals Kim from NewlyWoodwards and Liz from It’s Great to be Home were both just as excited as I was to try out the BHG tutorial for making our own poufs. So excited, in fact, that we decided we are going to throw a party!
You are cordially invited to join us in our pouf-making adventures for the first ever pouf sew-along aka the Pouf-A-Long!
Here’s how it works.
- Leave a comment on one of our blogs and let us know you’re participating!
- Then grab the button below and post it on your blog…
- Or share a link on Facebook or Twitter and invite your friends to join the fun!
- We’ll all have 3 weeks from today to complete our poufs.
- Then you’ll be able to share your creation at a link party on July 20th.
We’ll leave the linky open for a few days for those of you who are eternally late – like me! It will be a shared linky, so your project will show up on all 3 of the hosts’ blogs. One big virtual party. Sounds like fun, right?
There are so many variations on the traditional Moroccan pouf and they seem to cross into every style of decorating. I’ll probably stick to the Better Homes and Gardens tutorial, but for those of you who want to try something different, here are a few tutorials I’ve found for other poufs on the net.
Make a pouf with Design*Sponge.
Then there’s the tutorial that I think started it all. Major inspiration for the BHG tutorial can be found over at Bromeliad.