Happy Summer everybody!
Now that the spring semester’s officially over (and my comprehensive exams are out of the way), I feel like I finally have a chance to check in and share what we’ve been up to at Heardmont the past few months.
1. Spring Break – I never did get a chance to share photos with y’all from our spring break trip to the Florida Keys, but I did put together a photo book online using Mixbook. Here are a few screen shots from the online copy – the hard copy came a few weeks ago, and I’m really happy with the results!
2. Dining Room – We finally got around to replacing our red dining room light fixture with something that fits the room better. The new one was a DIY project (you might have seen a preview on instagram @meredithheard):
I owe you a tutorial on that one!
3. Weddings – It’s another summer of weddings. We’ve been to a couple weddings so far this summer and both were absolutely beautiful! A close friend of mine is getting married in October, and she and I have been busy bridesmaid dress shopping and planning the shower and bachelorette.
4. Babies – A good friend of mine will be having a baby girl any day now, and I just had to share the gift I got her. Aren’t teeny baby clothes the cutest?!
5. New Paint and Gutters – We are FINALLY getting the outside of our house professionally painted and new gutters installed. The shower I’m hosting in July was the kick in the pants we needed to finally get the outside of our home looking more like the inside. Here’s our inspiration:
I wish our house was this cute one the outside, but the color is what I’m really focused on. Are we crazy for thinking green?
In other news, I find out whether I passed my comps sometime today, so cross your fingers for me! Eeek!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend. Hope to see you back at Heardmont sooner rather than later. 🙂