There are a couple of unconventional links in the Friday Five today, but these were all posts that stuck out to me for one reason or another. I hope you enjoy the round-up!
1. Natty by Design featured five furniture makeovers this week (!) and this ombre pink desk was my absolute favorite! I love the mid-century vibe paired with the soft pink colors.
2. This post on Dana’s new roof over at House*Tweaking provided lots of useful information about metal roofs. Perfect timing too – Stephen and I have been discussing our need for a new roof (preferably a metal one) a lot lately!
3. My blogger pal Alana has renamed her blog (Intentional Womanhood) and has started to focus more on encouraging women to live their lives intentionally. I think it’s a perfect fit for her and her posts are so inspiring! Here’s a link to my recent favorite post about focusing on the kind of home you want to have, rather than how you want it to look.
The image below is our kitchen – one room that feels like home to me, regardless of how it looks.
4. Kristine at The Painted Hive always shares the prettiest photos and most professional DIY projects I’ve ever seen, and her nursery reveal is no exception. Head here to check it out.
5. Last but not least, my friend Megann sent me a link to a photo canvas tutorial on the blog A Beautiful Mess the other day. While exploring, I came across this awesome beehive tutorial. I think this tutorial could take my Halloween costume to a whole ‘nother level (literally) this Saturday. Stay tuned to see if I can make it work!
With that, I’ll be signing off. I hope you all have a fun and safe Halloween and I’ll see you back here on Monday!
(You can click on any photo above to be taken to its source)