Happy Friday everybody! It’s time for another round of the Friday Five – here are the five things that caught my eye this week.
1. Elle of Switcheroom designed this apartment from the ground up for a newlywed couple in the Philippines. I couldn’t believe how much functionality and privacy she fit into this tiny studio!
2. The Design*Sponge gift guides are a major source of Christmas inspiration for me every year, and this year I know my favorite guide will be the Best of Handmade Gifts.
3. I was introduced to two pretty new-to-me blogs this week. First up, designer Kristen Krasen shares personal and professional room designs and inspiration on her blog, 6th Street Design School. This photo from her living room tour shows her amazing eye for pattern and color!
(via Little Green Notebook)
4. Also this week, I had fun exploring the posts over at The Impatient Gardner. Erin and her husband have turned an old cottage into a beautiful home with tons of style – something we’d like to do with a historic place one day!
(via House of Turquoise)
5. Last but not least, The Hunger Games trilogy is a recommended read everywhere I look these days (it’s on lots of bloggers’ favorite things lists), so with some help from my hubby, I found a site where we can “check out” books on our Kindle for free. The site’s called Lendle, and the books are incredible. I checked out the trilogy on Wednesday and am already halfway through the second book!
Needless to say, I’ll probably be spending some time finishing the series this weekend and then suffering my typical reading withdrawal when I can’t find a suitable replacement. Have you read The Hunger Games? Any recommended blogs or books that should make the Friday Five next week?
Thanks for reading!