Welcome to the Heardmont Nursery!

We’ve made progress by leaps and bounds in the nursery over the past week. Minus a fluffy area rug and a few items for baby’s safety, I’m calling this room done!

Here’s a mood board I put together for inspiration.

Nursery Idea Board

Ready to see how close we got?  Welcome to Libby’s room!

Nursery Left Side

Nursery Right Side

The Michelle Armas art above the dresser inspired the color scheme. I’ve been sewing up a storm over the past few days, and that pink changing pad cover was one of my recent successes (easy tutorial here).

Changing Table

We shared a peek at the gold polka dots I added to the closet last week. Now here’s the nook all loaded up with tiny baby clothes and lots o’ baby gear.

Nursery Closet

I can’t. handle. the cuteness.

Baby Girl Clothes

We swiped the bookcase from our set in the living room, and it fits my childhood book collection plus our new baby books perfectly.

Bookshelf Corner

Lots of the books on this shelf were mine growing up. The Chronicles of Narnia and my American Girls books have found a new home!  Side note: how young do we look in that photo? That picture has sat on Stephen’s desk at every single job he’s had, starting with his college internship, and now it’s found a new home in our baby’s room!

Nursery Bookshelf

The heart art Stephen made me for our first anniversary found a new home on this shelf.

Heart Art

Here’s another one of my childhood favorites – The Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh – plus a little wooden wand my dad made for me about 27 years ago.

Winnie Book

The bottom two shelves are where we keep the board books and toys. I’m sure the toy collection will eventually take over these shelves, but for now it’s confined to one little basket.

Baby Books

I came upon the idea of hanging art by wooden pants hangers on Pinterest (where else?). A quick coat of black paint across the front of the hangers, and we were in businesses. The calendar was a free printable, and I’m planning on putting a little pink heart around our baby’s birthday when she decides to show up. (February, not March – ok Libby?)

Calendar and Tutu

On the other side of the room is our new Jenny Lind crib, ready for our little girl.

Libby's Crib and Bear

The beautiful quilt was handmade by the mom of one of our closest friends, and we love it!

Quilt Close-up

I made the tissue paper tassels using this tutorial. You might have noticed I switched out the mint tassels from the last post in favor of a few black ones (I like the drama!). A cord cover for our night-vision baby monitor is one of those baby safety items still on our list.

Crib Banner

The black and white crib skirt was another DIY sewing project I tackled this week. I followed this tutorial, and it couldn’t have been easier. Plus, it’s adjustable for when we lower the crib mattress down the road.

Crib Skirt

Our little reading corner is missing one art piece we plan to hang on the wall above the chair, but I love it so far. I sewed a cover for the lumbar pillow using the leftover changing pad and crib skirt fabric. A February baby won’t mind a few hearts in her room, right?

Reading Corner

The blanket over the back of the chair was a true labor of love. I started crocheting that bad boy in December and worked on it for several days over Christmas vacation. It was supposed to be much smaller (following this tutorial), but I was overzealous and ended up with a 5′ x 6′ blanket when I finally finished it Tuesday night. I’m glad it’s big though, because now the parents get a cozy adult-sized blanket in the nursery too!

DIY Pillow

Our little gallery wall is a mix of old, new and DIY art. I painted the black spot art (inspired by this post), the baby print is vintage, and the E art was a free printable. The tiny black piece with the pink mat is a cute ultrasound picture of our baby girl sucking her thumb, and the drawing by The Little Canoe was an Etsy find called Bearded Man and Woman.

Nursery Art Wall

We’re still on the lookout for a nice fluffy area rug to warm up those wood floors, and I’m planning on picking up a cord cover for the baby monitor and a few other baby safety items this week, but other than that, this room’s done!

Nursery Left Side

Time to pack the hospital bag – T-minus four weeks until our little girl arrives!

Linking up: Remodelaholic, Shabby Nest

This entry was posted in Babies, Before and After, nursery and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Welcome to the Heardmont Nursery!

1. Laura says:

Your little girl’s nursery is adorable! Great job!

2. It looks so wonderful, and just perfect for a sweet little girl! And is this the first time you’ve shared the name? (Or maybe I just missed it.) Love it!

Thanks Liz! Yes this is the first time we’ve shared her name. She’ll actually be Elizabeth, but we’ve started calling her Libby already. We figure she can be Libby when she’s little and Elizabeth if she wants to when she gets older. 🙂

i adore it all! beautiful!

4. Jennifer says:

Looks great! So cute!

5. Oh I just LOVE how it turned out. So well done.

6. Autumn says:

OH. EM. GEE! Amazing! Love it! All of it! You’re getting SO close!

7. So, her room is adorable!
    I think these rugs would be super cute in there: plus they are 50% off right now (I think they are always 50% off)

Also, I got my This Old House Magazine and……guess who’s master bath is on page 22?!?! Yours!!! Congrats!

8. Rachel says:

I love it, Meredith! It’s so adorable! And I especially loved the sweet name you picked for baby girl too! So sweet 🙂 I can’t believe she’ll be here soon!

9. love it! that dresser is amazing, and I love the way you organized and style the shelves. for fluffy rugs try rugs usa or ikea.

10. Rachel says:

This is adorable! You made your mood board come to life! Where is that fantastic chair and ottoman from? I love the mix of mid century modern and vintage – kudos!!!

11. This room is darling. Those curtains are so rich and then everything else so perfectly light. Amazing job and one lucky little girl for sure. I’d love for you to come join our link party (The Makers) at TinySidekick.com. We do features and feature a blogger each week. Hope to see you there!

12. Doreen Lewis says:

Th room is so beautiful! A d Libby is also beaugiful name!

13. Pingback: Nursery Additions | Welcome to Heardmont

14. Jennifer says:

I love this beautiful room! Where are the curtians from?

Oh my goodness, the closet is so adorable and those little baby clothes- – ahhhh!!!! I love that tiny tutu hanging on the wall. And I am 26 years old, but still super jealous of your American Girl book collection!! I only had a few of the books growing up and always wanted more.

I loved the American Girls series! I didn’t ever get an American Girl doll – instead I got a “Magic Attic Club” doll (knock off American Girl) and sewing patterns to make American Girl doll clothes.

AG is still going strong though – my niece has the newer books – girls I’ve never heard of!

16. Holly says:

I love it! That art is just gorgeous, I now want a piece for myself 🙂 Hoping your baby girl arrives on time and that you have a safe (and speedy!) labor.

Thanks so much Holly! I hope so too!
      Michelle Armas is such an awesome artist. She has some great prints for sale and typically does a calendar if you’re in the market for several smaller pieces!

17. roselyne says:

Hi, I’m happy to see the ” girafe sophie ” ready for Libby , every french baby have one 🙂
    Bises from Avignon !!!

18. Lauren says:

So inspiring, thank you for sharing Meredith! I too am an Armas fan and have her Laura print in our living room. Did you say where you came across this cool contemporary dresser for Libby’s room? I’ve been searching for one like it for our little girl due in May.

19. Pingback: DIY Changing Pad Covers | Welcome to Heardmont

20. Arienne says:

Where did you find the picture over the changing table? I love it!

21. Angela says:

I just came across your blog today looking for nursery inspiration , and oh my goodness…how sweet! Can I ask where you found your Michelle Armas print? I’ve been in love with it since I saw it on Land of Nod, but have only been able to find smaller ones…I love love the larger print!