Spring Break

Happy Tuesday everybody!  Thank you for all the lovely comments we received on our floors last week.  The wood is being installed in Stephen’s office today, and the carpet should be installed tomorrow, so sometime “soon” we should finally get to move back in to our rooms and stop living on take-out food!

If you couldn’t tell from the fact that I posted every single day last week, last week was actually my Spring Break.  I was able to relax on Monday and Tuesday, but on Wednesday, we took a little road trip to visit friends in Denver.

Sunset Heading Home

Stephen, our friend Robby, and I made the 13 hour drive and got to Colorado Wednesday in time for dinner.  Thursday was all about skiing!

Heards Skiing

The temperatures were incredibly mild, and we spent most of Thursday taking skiing lessons at Winter Park (none of us had ever skied before).  I am officially a fan of the sport!

Meredith Skis

We met up with another friend for dinner that night and enjoyed some local brews.

Stephen

Friday was another skiing day for Stephen and a shopping day for me!  We took a trip to Ikea and then caught The Hunger Games on the big screen.  I was a huge fan of the Hunger Games Trilogy but wouldn’t recommend the movie to somebody who hadn’t read the books first.  The film was well done – it just might not have made much sense to someone without the back-story.

Saturday, Stephen and I stopped by the flagship REI store in Denver.

REI Fireplace

We spent the rest of the afternoon touring Redstone Meadery and Avery Brewery in Boulder.  Did you know there are something like 120 microbreweries in the Denver/Boulder Metro Area?

Avery Brewing

Here are our accommodating friends Geoff and Megann on the left and road trip buddy Robby on the right.

Hosts & Robby

We had dinner in Boulder Saturday at a great restaurant called The Gondolier (highly recommend!) and packed up to head home Sunday.

Restaurant in Boulder

It was a quick trip, but we had so much fun!  Definitely lots of new experiences for all of us and good times with friends.

Monday morning was a rude awakening, but we’re getting back in the swing of things and should have more to share on the home front soon!

Did you get a Spring Break this year?  Any spring house projects going on?

This entry was posted in Travel and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Spring Break

1. No spring break for us this year.

Can’t wait to see what sort of Ikea goodies you picked up.

2. Adele says:

That husband of yours is just soooo dashing! 🙂

3. Jenny B. says:

That looks like a fun trip! I forget that Colorado is really only a day away. 🙂 We’ve only been once. If you like breweries, you should check out the Jack Daniels and George Dickel whiskey distilleries in Tennessee. My parents took me there as a kid, and I remember them being pretty cool. I enjoyed my Spring Break very much, and did not want it to end! We just stayed home, but it was nice. I did try one DIY project. I spray-painted a Goodwill lamp. I haven’t blogged about it yet, but it did not go so well. I told you I was intimidated by spray paint… well, I still am! I told my husband about 50 times that I was NEVER spray painting anything EVER again! 🙂

4. Lindsey says:

Did the ski boots kill your shins? After 3 full days of skiing, I had bruises that lasted over a week. I wish they could make ski boots that wouldn’t hurt and then I could get on board!

• nora says:

Wear thicker socks! Thick ski socks (sold at REI or Burton) will definitely help the impact. I also find there is a big difference between racing boots and “regular” skiing boots as regular boots have a lot more padding!

5. Pamela says:

Isn’t that REI the best? I tried rock climbing for the first time there. Since then, hooked!!

6. Ashleigh says:

We are just back from a weeks Skiing in the Alps, how much fun is it?? I hadn’t skied for ages so was pretty nervous but it all comes back!! We also had amazing mild weather, I have proper panda eyes 🙂 Glad you had fun xox

7. nora says:

So glad you enjoyed skiing! I’ve been trying to teach my BF and he doesn’t like it at all! 🙁

I hope you got fun things at Ikea!!