Happy Friday everybody! Today is a big day. 11-11-11, Veterans Day, and the grand opening of a new museum in our area – Crystal Bridges. Stephen and I have plans to attend the opening this afternoon, and we couldn’t be more excited to explore this new cultural destination in Northwest Arkansas!
This week has been a great one for DIYs and before and afters out on the world-wide-web, so I’m back on this Friday morning to share my favorite 5 projects from the week.
1. Last night, I came across Jenny’s post on upholstering a diamond-tufted headboard at Little Green Notebook and was blown away. She makes this stuff look so easy! Now that I know there’s such a detailed tutorial out there, I’m itching to make another headboard – maybe one for our bedroom this time…
Did you know our original plans for the guest room headboard were along the lines of the Draper’s diamond-tufted headboard in Mad Men? Sadly, I wasn’t confident about tufting and couldn’t find an inexpensive teal velvet at the time. Bummer!
2. Speaking of projects at our place, y’all know how much we’ve talked about wanting to add built-ins to the back wall of our living room. Centsational Girl beat us to the punch! Her Billy Built-Ins are a thing of wonder. We’ll definitely be taking construction (and styling) tips from her when the time comes to DIY our own.
3. In food-related matters, check out this gorgeous Rosette Cake Tutorial at Dwellings By Devore. This cake is simple and beautiful at the same time, and I bet even I could make something like this for our next special event.
4. Just in time for the holidays, How About Orange shares 6 DIY tutorials for cute little pouches to hold anything from Barbie accessories for little girls to makeup for big girls. I think my favorite is the bunting pouch (bottom left).
5. Before and After day on Design*Sponge never disappoints. This week, they shared a kitchen reno that made my jaw drop. Not because it’s over the top, but because I could happily pick up that kitchen, put it in our house and not. change. a. thing.
So that’s what got me all fired up this week. What were your favorite projects this week?
We are SO ready to tackle projects and spend some time just enjoying this weekend. On the agenda: Crystal Bridges, house painting (weather permitting), a Razorback football game, and guest room sprucing in time for Monday! Have a great one, everybody!
(You can click on any photo above to be taken to its source.)