Dreaming Of Art

Thanks to everybody who commented on our master bedroom update yesterday!  We’re loving the depth and drama the curtain panels have added to our headboard wall.

Night Right View

Several of you suggested we go ahead and center the bed on the wall since the window is now almost completely hidden.  I had thought the mirror above our headboard would be the issue here (since I definitely don’t want the mirror overlapping the window), but you’ve inspired me to take a closer look and actually get out the measuring tape on this one. We’ll see how it goes!

Curtains from Left

One thing I know for sure is that our new wall and window treatments have left a very obvious blank wall that need some attention.  See that empty strip of wall between my nightstand and our second window?  It’s just aching for something really cool to hang on it.

Wrinkled Panel

Since the other frames on this wall (above Stephen’s dresser) sport photographs, maybe a couple paintings or sketches will be the ticket for this strip of emptiness.

I do love the look of thin black frames, thick white mats, and black and white drawings like the art in our inspiration image.  They look great stacked like this.

If we went the with paintings or sketches, here are a few inspiration images I’ve found (via Pinterest, of course!).

Paintings or Sketches

But on the other hand, this might be a good place to introduce something more interesting and unique. If we wanted something with a bit more POP, here are a few different solutions.

Shadow Boxes for Colorful or Meaningful Items

Framed Music or Maps with Meaning

Silhouettes

Typographic Art

Or a collage combination of it all!

What would you choose?

This entry was posted in art, master bedroom and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Dreaming Of Art

I love all the inspiration! I think my favorite is that Love picture. And the thin black frames. =)

2. Marcie says:

I would definitely go with something that has special meaning for you and the hubby — your bedroom is YOUR room, that’s just about you two (I say that emphatically because I have three kids so MY space with my hubby is very important to me 🙂 Perhaps some large white mats w/black and whites of your trip to Paris (and maybe other vacations?) I’m a photographer so I’m a big believer in putting photographs on your wall 😀 Nothing inspires quite like joyful memories 🙂 Good luck!

3. I do like the idea of two thin black frames stacked vertically on top of each other – and I agree with Marcie, something personal would be perfect!

4. Love the collage and huge initials! I would totally choose a large G for our bedroom and some sketches!

5. Jenny B. says:

I think silhouettes would be perfect!

6. Jacy says:

Awesome room!!!

I am an artist and I think your ideas are great for the wall…so many choices though, that can be hard to choose. If you ever need custom work, let me know 🙂

Great job!

7. Adele says:

I think a gorgeous piece of original art – vertical. You DO have a birthday coming up soon!

8. Janet Lawson says:

I love all of your inspiration pictures..Whatever one ya choose will look lovely..Have a great weekend..
    Janet

9. I like all the choices. (I’m obviously no help.) But my favorite is the combo. A little less strict and formal.

10. Pingback: Wire Word Art | Welcome to Heardmont